EMEA Payroll ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 784195BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 21, 2021
Primary lead for payroll review project supporting business change through implementation of best practice models/system solutions for 19+ countries across EMEA.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure working with multiple entities, supporting large user groups ideally within a large multinational organisation.
Some of the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support EMEA Payrolls from a centralised Time & Payroll (T&P) HUB
- Manage and develop direct reports to support succession planning and payroll operations
- Ensure Payroll Processing performed by the Payroll vendor meet or exceed the established Payroll SLA, controls and compliance standards
- Act as senior escalation point on all Disney EMEA payroll service issues and support resolution with vendor as well as timely resolution of payroll related queries from employees and legal entity stakeholders
- Ensure employees receive accurate remuneration on the published pay dates, thereby ensuring that the Company meets its contractual obligations.
- Co-ordinate relationship between third party payroll providers and Disney internal partners to ensure timely and accurate payroll process.
- Approve monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodicity reports to the management of the Company, local authorities and other recipients
- To resolve all assigned payroll related queries from employees and legal entity stakeholders in a professional and timely manner or escalate where appropriate.
- To resolve legal entity concerns about the payroll process provided by the payroll provider
- Oversee required payments to third parties and ensure statutory deadlines are met
- Act as the primary vendor contact to support payroll governance
- Establish a regional strategy for best practice supplier governance methodology
- Implement standardised procedural and legal frameworks across EMEA region
- Identify and manage appropriate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and authorities/bodies for the benefit of the business
- Provide advice and direction regarding payroll process, compliance, and best practice/processes
- Facilitate collaboration between local payroll teams and other global functional teams to implement new programs/initiatives, resolve issues, share solutions
- Ensure consistency in compliance with SOX and Internal Controls
- Oversee Stock Options/RSU and LTIC payments for local and country transfers
- Support defining local technical and functional requirements as required
- Upkeep and maintenance of contracts with local stakeholders and payroll vendors
- Facilitate payroll involvement with global and local initiatives when appropriate
- Strategic support for ongoing operations
- Support resolution for supplier service failures
- Share best practices/processes/systems across countries
Basic Qualifications:The Experience We Require From You:
- Payroll management qualification
- Significant related experience, ideally leading a regional payroll team for a large multi-national employer
- Strong knowledge of payroll practices, regulations and taxes across a broad spectrum of countries within EMEA
- Ability to work independently, act with discretion and privy to confidential information
- Demonstrable interest/knowledge of information systems.
- Experience of retail business, from a payroll perspective is desirable
- Ability to drive transformational change and lead change management
- Proven experience of reviewing and developing payroll procedures and policies.
- Experience of dealing with expenses and benefits and has a good working knowledge of employee taxes.
- High attention to detail with good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to manage and lead a regional Payroll team and set individual and team objectives.
- Communicates effectively and builds strong working relationships with other functions (e.g. HR. Line of Business management)
- Flexible and able to adapt, evolve and grow with the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Treats people with respect; is approachable, open & direct; develops effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.