Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Editorial InternshipApply NowApply Later Job ID 851682BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 21, 2021
During an internship at ESPN, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
About The Internship
As an ESPN Editiorial Intern, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day activities of our Editorial team. You will use your wide understanding of the sports world to provide great support to our editorial teams on a number of our sites including ESPN.co.uk, ESPN Cricinfo, ESPN F1 and ESPN FC. You will be involved in writing and sourcing material, uploading content, photo management, research, site traffic reporting, maintenance of blogs and general admin tasks. This internship will develop your communication and writing skills while developing your sports industry knowledge
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2023
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a relevant degree
- Strong interest in future career in the industry
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Strong MS Office skills
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
How to Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the internship?
Please only apply to one internship position. We offer a large number of Early Careers opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Sunday 28th November 2021 however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
For hints and tips on your application, please check out our guide here: https://disneycasting.net/kenexa/profintern/Candidate_Hints_and_Tips.pdf
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.