Fashion & Home Designer, Maternity CoverApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746434BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
We have an opportunity for a creative Design professional to join our Softlines Creative team in Hammersmith, covering a maternity leave.
The successful candidate will have graphic design skills and a strong understanding of trends and processes in the Fashion & Home industry. They will definitely be highly skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop and other creative suite packages
The Designer will enhance and grow the Disney Consumers Products business through outstanding trend and consumer right, commercial creative solutions, keeping our character equity and storytelling front of mind, helping to build the consumer products business and increase visibility overall of the wider Disney brand.
You will design, against a set brief, leading standards of trend right creative development for Fashion & Home, including design and development of graphic assets and design tools for use across all categories within Disney.
- Working with the Lead Designer, develop creative assets that will enable growth for relevant Disney franchises from conception through to artwork development and distribution including but not limited to trend research, initial concepts through to final art worked style guides, patterns/borders, graphic/identity, icons, placement designs, imagery, compelling product visuals, copywriting, new product development pitches to new partners and dedicated core category toolkits
- Ensure all assets are creatively and technically correct before approval by Lead Designer, Product Development Director, Softlines and other key stakeholders
- Contribute to developing trend boards and new ideas (ideation) that can add innovation and freshness into future projects, with a view to building on existing strategies
- Maintain full compliance with corporate guidelines, delivering a commitment to producing work, which ensures character and design consistency and integrity
- Build effective relationships among the wider creative community, maximising their specialist knowledge in order to create relevant designs that push the boundaries
- As required, attend trade shows to broaden understanding of the EMEA market place seeking out ideas and new creative solutions in order to understand the business better
- Work closely with product teams, designers and artists to ensure character and franchise integrity are maintained and design and art styles work are synchronised
- Work closely with Lead Designer to ensure projects are planned effectively to meet deadlines on time and keep within budgets
Basic Qualifications:The successful candidate will have graphic design skills and a strong understanding of trends and processes in the Fashion & Home industry. They will definitely be highly skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop and other creative suite packages
- Proven commercial design experience in Fashion and/or Home at a licensee, retail head office or supplier is essential
- Experience in retail or manufacturing design practise and able to understand how buyers plan ranges, the commercial applications of product development and graphic design
- Experience of designing programs for licensed products, beneficial
- Ability to create both core design solutions as well as new interpretive and trend-right styles
- An awareness of marketplace trends in the design and retail environment with the ability to translate new concepts into marketable, saleable products
- An ability to understand and apply colour theory and usage
- Good understanding of all elements of design: illustration, pattern, page layout, colour, product design, trends with the ability to create new graphic design assets from scratch
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.