Finance Analyst Motion Pictures, 12m FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 774745BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 22, 2021
The role is responsible for delivering an effective, timely and accurate AOP, Forecast, FYP and close process across a group of markets along with completing dubbing costs for all markets. The role requires effective collaboration with financial and non-financial business partners, influence key budget holders around risks and opportunities, and proactively identification of opportunities for business improvement.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Analyse and interpret reports and wider business data to identify risks and opportunities for Motion Pictures
- Prepare presentations to communicate clear financial messages to a non-technical audience
- Use own initiative to highlight problems before they arise and propose solutions to mitigate business risk
- Provide financial support to multiple budget owners across multiple geographies, ensuring all budgeting, forecasting and financial processing is delivered on time and to high quality standards
- Estimate dubbing costs, share with creative stakeholders and track actuals for all markets.
- Take responsibility for discrete Finance projects to deliver improved financial management or systems to a part of the business
- Share knowledge effectively across the function to facilitate good financial management and support the development of others
- Build relationships with key budget holders to provide specialist advice, guidance and support to help Motion Pictures’ financial management
- Influence key budget holders on the basis of identified risks and opportunities to help guide future business planning
- Provide cover for Managers, deputising in their absence to provide support and guidance to business stakeholders
The Experience We Require From You:
- Accounting qualification (may be part qualified) + experience of an equivalent analytics role.
- Experience of working within the Studios Motion Pictures sector preferably for a US corporation preferred.
- Experience of supporting commercial management to a high standard and working with the Regional Finance and Commercial head office.
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to a business partner that’s insightful, timely and responsive.
- Ability to produce clear and insightful analysis and deliver key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.