Finance AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 768896BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
Walt Disney set the standard for character licensing in the entertainment industry when he licensed the image of Mickey Mouse for a children's notebook. Today, Disney Consumer Products is the world's largest licensor of intellectual property, bringing Disney magic to the heart of the home through compelling products and experiences. Working here, you will translate Disney's beloved brand, stories and characters into a broad range of consumer products that feed the imagination, create fashion, encourage healthy eating habits, and add the excitement to celebrations.
Join a company passionate about great products. From fashion, toys and home décor to books and magazines, furniture and food, Disney-branded products capture hearts and inspire lifelong memories.
As a key member of the Consumer Products, Games & Publishing (CPGP) EMEA FP&A team, the teams’ main responsibilities are:
- Management of processes and reporting to deliver the Five Year Plan, AOP and Forecast
- P&L consolidation and reporting of the 4 Lines of business within CPGP (Licensing, Publishing, Games and Disney Stores)
- P&L consolidation and reporting of the 3 businesses within Licensing (Softlines, Toys and FHBP (Food, Health & Beauty))
- Forecasting and reporting of all Other Revenue and cost line within the Licensing P&L
- Assist Finance Manager & Senior Finance Manager FP&A with all processes and reporting to deliver the Five Year Plan, AOP and forecast.
- For Other Revenue and Cost lines have the key responsibility for the planning, budgeting and forecasting of the following items across EMEA
- Audit revenues
- Guaranteed Shortfalls against Licensee Minimum Guarantees
- Licensee Royalty statements vs Quarterly Accrual (True Up/Down)
- S&B and Other Overheads
- Work on the preparation of the overall CPGP forecast / close / AOP review presentations within defined deadlines.
- Help to deliver the Quarter Close process, including reviewing the latest True Ups and Non Accruables. Closely liaise with the Revenue Accounting team to make sure that Guarantee Shortfalls are fully reconciled and understood.
- Assist the Finance Manager to ensure EMEA consolidation is correctly reflected in all systems (Invision, Cognos & Flash Reporting).
- Support the EMEA Controllership team at quarter end to ensure accurate quarter end accrual and closing position is reported. Provide commercial context, variance analysis and assist in SAP/P&L reconciliation.
- Assist with the accurate reporting of the Regional P&L (expenses hit correct budgets, all accruals/reclasses compete when required).
- Other regular and ad hoc reporting as required to support the FP&A and reporting requirements.
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (part qualified)
- Experience of an equivalent commercial and FP&A role.
- Experience of working within the retail / licensing FMCG sector preferably for a US corporation.
- Experience of supporting commercial management to a high standard and working with the Regional Finance and Commercial head office.
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to a business partner that’s insightful, timely and responsive.
- Ability to produce clear and insightful presentations that deliver key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave – duration?
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.