Finance AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10070791 Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 29, 2024
Finance Analyst – Softlines
Line of Business
Location - This role is based in Hammersmith, London 4 days per week
Senior Finance Manager, Softlines
Overall Purpose of the Role
As part of the Regional EMEA Softlines Finance Team, the team is responsible for providing commercial, business development and financial planning support to the Softlines EMEA Category teams
Areas of Responsibility
Financial Planning & Analysis
Support the Senior Finance Manager and Senior Finance Analyst in key aspects of the quarterly forecast and close process for the EMEA Softlines business (Fashion and Home categories), to ensure FP&A key deadlines are met, the output is accurate and there is ongoing strong communication with key stakeholders. This includes;
- Ensuring all templates (licensee / category / upload) are set up accurately and on time
- Reviewing licensee / category forecasts and ensuring these are uploaded correctly
- Managing key reporting tools for the Regional and local Finance teams to use
- Provide / gather commentary on reasons for variances to prior periods and how business is trading across brands, retailers and markets.
- Tracking of the true-ups/downs from licensee reporting, following the quarter close
- Where required, support Senior Manager on analysis, presentation decks, explanations, and ad-hoc requests in relation to the AOP, Forecast and Close cycles.
Licensee reporting / systems
- Working closely with revenue accounting to manage postings, flagging issues as needed
- Work with Senior Finance Analyst to conduct Guarantee shortfall analysis in line with deadlines
- Utilize (SRR) to understand reporting status of licensees and keep Senior Manager informed
- Use of key systems (LRS, Invision) and engagement in implementation of “new Invision”
- Build strong working relationships with Category team (at the Manager / Senior Manager level) and assist with the management of their key (existing and future) partners including business plan preparation for contract renewals, benchmarking, audit findings and key account decks
- Analysis of market data (e.g., Global Data) to help assist with decision-making.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Ensure the role is always up to date with key developments in the relevant industries, retailers, and licensees
Training and Professional Development
- Operate as part of an effective and inclusive team by demonstrating an awareness of others; welcoming and valuing unique perspectives and ideas; offering support, sharing knowledge and best practices in order to contribute to overall departmental commitments.
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular career conversations with line manager and utilising available resources such as D Learn, instructor-led courses and on the job learning.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve departmental performance and processes, leveraging technological tools where applicable.
- Promote and maintain an inclusive workplace, championing diversity and inclusion and make use of available resources to extend knowledge and best practice
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
Degree level essential and Accounting qualification (part qualification studying towards full completion)
Experience of an equivalent Finance role in FP&A, supporting commercial teams, and of working within the retail / licensing sector preferably for a multinational corporation preferable
Demonstrable track record of analytical work that is insightful, timely and accurate.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Ability to produce clear and insightful analysis that delivers key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems.
Results focussed and outcome driven.
Fostering a ‘one team’ culture in day-to-day role.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.