Already applied?View Dashboard
Finance Manager, Disney Store - 6 month FTCApply Now Apply Later Job ID 572766BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Jul. 11, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a qualified Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our Disney Store team on a 6 month fixed term basis.
The FP&A Manager will lead the financial planning and analysis team and deliver high quality business decision making support to senior management through accurate forecasts, budgets, reports and analytics across all areas of the profit and loss (P&L) document. They will also be expected to deliver on all corporate reporting and budgeting requirements for The Disney Store Europe (TDSE).
- Manage the Financial Planning and Analysis team. Drive maximum levels of performance through regular quality conversations in order to discuss individual and team commitments, personal development and share insights and feedback. Agree annual commitments to align the team and individual on business goals
- Support the Leadership team on all finance matters relating to the profit and loss (P&L)
- Produce and manage the monthly business reports for circulation to the directors and senior management team. Present the business results on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with business cost managers to build forecast and budget for TDSE from EU level down to Store level detail, utilising internal and external information to validate them
- Responsible for all variable costs, including Labour, Distribution, Marketing and Guest Services. Report variances, highlight risks and opportunities, and work closely with budget holders to ensure they understand their cost lines
- Explore and understand variance drivers. Compare and contrast to prior performance, and previous targets. Highlight all risk and opportunities to senior management and adopt a solution driven approach to any issues arising
- Identify key drivers to improve business performance through analysis cost departments
- Report, monitor and present key KPIs to the business to assist in the review of key strategies. These KPIs should cover Labour and other variable costs and analysis of the productivity over our fixed costs
- Prepare and manage the budget and forecast process for Finance. Prepare presentations for senior management drawing out key areas of focus. Ensure timelines and deliverables are met and ensure consistency in reporting and data
- Manage the communication flow between TDSE and the Market CFO’s ensuring that they are aware and involved in the budget forecast and actual review process. Work with the markets to identify areas where wider Disney benefits can be found by working together
- Manage the communication flow with Global ensuring that they have a full understanding of monthly variances and are involved with forecast and budget processes
- Support wider Finance teams (both internal TDSE and the wider Walt Disney Company) on ad hoc projects and requests
- Operate with integrity, champion change and be a good ambassador for TDSE
- Demonstrate an awareness of others, offer support, share knowledge and be a team player – support and mentor other members of the Finance team
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular career conversations with your line manager and utilising all available learning resources adopting the 70:20:10 model of learning
- Manage the training and development of all direct reports ensuring regular commitments are set, reviewed and feedback given; encouraging 70:20:10 model of learning. Contribute to maintaining and enhancing the standard of training and development being given so that everyone has the tools and resources to do their role effectively and efficiently
Basic Qualifications:Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven experience operating at finance manager level within a retail environment with proven experience in financial planning and analysis
- Demonstrable experience of managing development and accountabilities multiple direct reports
- Highly numerate with strong financial modelling skills using Excel
- Strong commercial experience and working knowledge of retail businesses
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to build working relationships and influence across the business
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines whilst managing different priorities
- Must have desire to and a proven history of improving processes
Additional Information:Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to possess the existing right to work in the UK.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.