Already applied?View Dashboard
Finance Manager - Studio EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 593027BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 15, 2018
Job Summary:Finance Manager – Studio EMEA
1 year FTC
The Walt Disney Company has redefined the boundaries of creative excellence with world-class movies. Through Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Animation, Disney•Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFIlm - we share inspiring stories with people all over the world.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to join our Studios finance team based in Hammersmith on a temporary basis.
The Finance Manager will take a lead role in supporting the delivery of EMEA Studio objectives, leading the financial planning, reporting and analysis for Motion Pictures in various markets across EMEA.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and quarterly actuals incorporating agreed processes to capture all the elements of the WDSMP business pre and post release, all the while ensuring appropriate communications with the local sales team and the local finance team to align understanding of the financials across these groups.
- Release date changes (phasing impact)
- Marketing & Basics
- Print costs including VPFs
- Other distribution costs e.g. IMAX Royalties
- Become an expert in the various systems: Sparta, SAP and COGNOS.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts decks for all markets
- Participate in quarterly forecast and close calls with local Finance team and shared services and complete and share detailed analysis of variances
- Completion of quarterly close accruals and all financial accounting postings required
- Prepare Annual Operating Plan in conjunction with regional office guidance and local market input.
- Ad hoc work as required.
- Accountable to Senior Finance Manager, EMEA
- Stakeholders include local finance teams, local studio sales teams, local studio marketing teams
- Timely and accurate quarterly forecast /close deliverables/decks
- To have a good in-depth understanding of Studio
- Significant professional experience in financial planning and analysis
- An advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point is required for the role and being comfortable with learning new systems – SAP, BW, SPARTA and COGNOS.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Flexible, with the ability to stay focused under pressure and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good data interpretation skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Knowledge of accounting and double entry useful.
- Strong presentation skills – able to highlight key call outs
- Attention to detail yet can also see the big picture
- Ability to make decisions and implement them with diplomacy
- Strong interest in filmed entertainment
- Commercially focused with ability to apply marketing expertise appropriately.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.