Global Travel DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 860236BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
Disney Global Travel & Expense Management provides expertise and technology services for all global travelers and card holders on behalf of The Walt Disney Company. Global Travel ensures safe travel services and cost efficiencies by optimizing the Company’s preferred global travel supplier network with discounts for all airline, hotel and car rental companies. Expense management provides internal control and support for all card administration and expense processes.
The role of Global Travel Director is to lead the International Travel strategy and requires Vision, Business Acumen, Perseverance and the ability to build constructive relationships in a multi-cultured environment.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to VP of Global Travel & Expense Management, this role is responsible for all aspects of International supplier management and business development for Global Travel. This leader will be responsible for delivering efficiencies, creating value, leveraging contemporary technologies, and support financial initiatives that impact Global Travel. This role will provide safe business travel partners and implement continuous improvement initiatives to lower costs. This leader will be responsible for keeping on top of industry best practices, innovations and supplier management while implementing key process changes where applicable and partner with key executives. This role will also manage multiple projects simultaneously including global initiatives business unit assessments and identify requirements for future technology enhancements. This leader will be responsible for establishing clear and achievable objectives, balancing competing demands for quality, while to adapting company guidelines.
- Ensure that the contracted travel management companies perform according to (or better than) the agreed SLA
- Achieve pre-agreed target for online adoption, review travel booking process errors, ensure that Duty of Care objectives are met (all travel reservations to be uploaded real time to Security provider).
- Address traveler complaints in a timely manner, push TMCs, and travel vendors to offer structural solutions to avoid errors
- Support all businesses and assist them to obtain the service and attention they need in order to achieve their business objectives
- Research and implement technology solutions to optimize service and reduce cost.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders – Business leaders, country managers, (regional) CFO’s, Controllership, Security, HR etc.
- Review (performance) reports to assess if the TMC’s comply with agreed service parameters
- Address policy compliance issues with travelers, their leadership and controllership
- Initiate and support training for new hires/new users
- Contribute to team meetings with travel suppliers (Airlines, Hotel, and Ground Transportation etc.)
- Conduct Fact Finding and other discovery sessions to better understand and develop strategic and tactical opportunities/solutions
- Support new initiatives – for all International destinations
- With continued international growth globally this leader needs to be agile and pro-active and stay knowledgeable on the constantly changing travel dynamics
- This role is based in London, with occasional travel
- Will be supported by a Travel Coordinator based in Paris, France
The Experience We Require From You:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Extensive relevant Travel leadership and experience in the international markets
- Similar leadership role in Travel Industry preferred
- Microsoft Office, Excel, fully proficient with travel operations and related technologies (GDS’s, OBT’s)
- Experience using SAP, CONCUR, TMC preferred
- Ability to travel
- Think holistically/offer creative solutions
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity and openness. Foster an environment where constructive dialogue is the norm
- Demonstrate respect and understanding for cultural differences. Be inclusive, embrace diversity
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.