Already applied?View Dashboard
Head of Data ArchitectureApply Now Apply Later Job ID 546611BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 04/11/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Head of Data Architecture, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing senior technical leadership and strategic direction for the data management of enterprise initiatives. They will report to the VP of Data and Digital Marketing Technology and will be responsible for managing international data management platforms. The ideal candidate would have a demonstrated background in defining data architecture strategies and patterns, along with excellent communication, management and negotiation skills.
- Define the technical platform strategy for enterprise consumer data initiatives
- Partner with business leaders to develop a platform strategy that aligns with the enterprise architecture framework and modernizes the consumer data management
- Be responsible for the development, communication and ongoing governance of architecture blueprints, roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures
- Become a trusted advisor and thought leader with an expert reputation for data service delivery
- Create an efficient and effective service delivery model
- Enable next generation BI, visualization and design capabilities
- Provide and maintain a high performing data technology foundation for the enterprise
- Drive data quality standards and governance
- Define data architecture strategies and approaches to advance enterprise data initiatives
- Provide technical leadership to project teams, clarifying business needs and requirements of highly complex systems
- Lead data blueprint and roadmap efforts for the integrated consumer data domain
- Provide data management industry insight and guidance. Research, analyse and assess advanced and emerging technology solutions in multiple technology domains, anticipating the impact on architectures and systems
- Partner with business executives and senior architects to identify data and process issues, then provides solution options and recommends options
- Provide recommendations on system options, risks, cost/benefit analysis, and impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
- Partner with extended enterprise architecture, business, and IT support teams to communicate data architecture strategies, standards, and direction.
- Define appropriate metrics to measure success and service levels
- Manage a team of data architects, including recruitment, development and performance management of all direct reports
- Contribute to security and risk assessment activities and vendor management strategy
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated Data Warehousing experience, preferably in a consumer industry
- Track record of designing architectural reference material, preferably within a TOGAF or similar frameworks
- Experienced with systems utilizing high volume and complex data processing, database platform selection and optimization, metadata management suites and OLAP technologies
- Experienced with Hadoop technologies and management of a hybrid data environment
- Solid understanding and experience with formal project life cycle methodologies
- Knowledgeable regarding data stewardship, data quality, ETL and business intelligence tools, and techniques used with VLDB. Certifications a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills across multiple audiences from highly technical team members to business consumers at the highest levels of management
- Proven experience in overall data management, data modelling, metadata management, and data movement
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.