Already applied?View Dashboard
Head of Media Distribution – ESPNApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678367BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
Job Summary:We are looking for an experience candidate to lead our media distribution team across ESPN Europe & Africa, the Head of Media Distribution is a permanent opportunity based in the Disney EMEA head office in Hammersmith London. This role is responsible for maximising revenue and exposure of ESPN’s content rights in Europe & Africa.
Live content rights include the IAAF World Championships, NCAA college football and basketball, X Games, West African Football Union Cup of Nations as well as ESPN’s catalogue of iconic sports films and documentaries such as the Oscar-winning OJ: Made in America.
Media distribution sales strategy and execution
- Define and implement the media distribution strategy
- Lead / manage the sales team (2x sales executives and 1 sales intern) to exceed revenue targets, with responsibility across key territories / accounts
- Ownership of the end to end sales process in selected territories, from lead generation and content delivery to fee collection
- Financial planning / reporting
- Member of the commercial leadership team, including input into the broader commercial strategy and developing our team
- Working with Head of Direct-to-Consumer and leaders of Fox Sports channels in Netherlands and Africa to optimise distribution of ESPN and Fox Sports content
- Support the Head of Rights Acquisition to identify and value prospective sports rights
- An excellent understanding of the broadcast and digital markets in Europe & Africa, and a vision of how to capitalise on the new revenue opportunities presented by the latest trends and technologies
- Strong sales track record
- Experience in a media rights, TV / digital distribution
- Strong client relationships (developing leads and maximising sales)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Limited, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.