Already applied?View Dashboard
Homepage Editor, ESPN - FreelanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583464BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 08, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a Homepage Editor in a freelance capacity to join our ESPN team in our Hammersmith office in London.
The primary role of a Homepage Editor is to curate the ESPN homepage & sport indexes – in the UK and around the world - making sure the best available content is displayed in the most impactful way.
Doing this effectively will result in maximising the consumption of editorial and video on the homepage and the ESPN UK app through a mix of news, features, live and social.
As part of a Global Programming Team, you will use real-time data and editorial judgement to make informed decisions on the positioning and sell of content, making sure to highlight premium ESPN content accordingly.
A sound knowledge of global sport is important in this role, but even more crucial will be knowing what content appeals to our audience in the UK and our Editions globally.
The successful candidate will have a strong editorial background and be able to demonstrate their talent in editing sport websites.
They will also be familiar with analytical editorial tools such as Chartbeat and appreciate the importance of staying abreast of the major talking points in sport and generating a constant stream of content ideas.
You will also be required to commission, write and build articles.
Responsibilities of the role and skills required:
- To increase consumption of editorial and video content on ESPN web & app
- To enhance the quality, presentation and amplification of ESPN homepages and indexes
- To recognise and best sell news and content that will stand out in a competitive marketplace
- To work in tandem with ESPN programming teams in Australia, India and US as part of the Global Programming Team
- Experience of operating web production processes and workflows
- A knowledge of online publishing and editing tools, social media networks, analytical tools and traffic measurement programmes (Chartbeat and Omniture)
- Excellent editing skills – in particular headline writing and image selection/presentation
- Strong copy writing and subbing skills
- A knowledge of ESPN’s digital properties
- A good understanding of current industry trends
- Spanish, French, German or Italian language skills a definite advantage
- Must be comfortable working weekends, late nights and flexible hours
Additional Information:As this is a Freelance opportunity only successful applicants will be contacted.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.