HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710478BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 25, 2019
A key focus of the role is managing a professional, effective and proactive relationship with the business by understanding their key business drivers and priorities and providing an effective interface with the Centres of Excellence to help the achievement of these.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the HR Business Partner team, a collaborative environment where key learnings are shared to provide effective and efficient business partnering.
- In partnership with your client group proactively drive the development and delivery of the people agenda, ensuring it aligned with the TWDC HR strategy and the TWDC business strategy
- Be an active member of your client groups leadership team, proactively driving the HR agenda and provide support on business initiatives
- A key focus of the role is to have a good understanding of how the business operates, the key business challenges, drivers, financials as well as staying current on current industry trends, technology advances etc. Participate in and influence of the strat planning process, the Annual Operating Planning process (AOP) as well as local business planning
- Pro-actively develop strong working relationships with key business and HR stakeholders, which enable a solution-orientated approach to delivering HR initiatives
- Apply commercial thinking and an understanding of the business and HR to provide pragmatic and informed HR solutions and ideas which meet both the business needs and fit with the HR agenda
- Pro-actively engage with the Centres of Excellent to obtain specialist advice and facilitate value add solutions to your client groups.
The key Centres of Excellence are:
- Employee Relations
- Global HR Operations
- Learning and Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Information Systems
- Pro-actively manage annual HR processes with the business and Centres of Excellence, for example:
- Merit: Support the merit planning process by effectively working in partnership the UK and EMEA Compensation and Benefits teams. Partner with your client group to ensure the merit and bonus process is effectively managed and delivers against the business objectives
- Talent Planning: Effectively manage the Talent Planning process with your client group, ensuring that talent is proactively managed throughout the year
- Performance Management: Support your client group in proactively managing the annual performance management process and throughout the year
- Organisational Change: Support the business with changes to the structure, roles and org design as required
- In partnership with Finance, effectively manage your clients groups headcount and partner with the recruitment team to ensure recruitment is effectively managed with your client group. In conjunction with the recruitment team manage the intern recruitment programme
- As a member of the HR Manager team it is important that key learnings are shared within the team to ensure the team is effective and efficient. Pro-actively share knowledge/insights/external learnings etc to ensure the team is kept up to date and a culture of feedback that enables ongoing improvement
- Work with and develop the HR Advisors in the wider team
- Active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting HR initiatives and projects as required
Experience and Professional Qualifications
- Proven track record of managing client relationships - significant experience operating at HR Manager level and managing clients at Director level and above
- Demonstrable multi-discipline Human Resources experience
- Proven experience of significant change management/OD experience including restructure, redundancy, TUPE, Compromise agreements and redeployment
- Evident experience of multi-national, fast-paced, progressive commercial organisations
- Evident experience gained within a US multi-national or similar matrixed organisation
Preferred but not Essential
- Demonstrable experience of ‘end to end’ project management of harmonisation and/or integration projects
- Experience of operating within a shared service environment
- Specific EMEA experience would be highly advantageous
- CIPD (or equivalent qualification) or working towards qualification
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.