IT Procurement CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 634854BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company Ltd., based in Hammersmith, West London, is requiring an Information Systems Procurement Coordinator to join the SDG WDI UK Technology business segment. This is a maternity cover contract for an approximate period of 12 months.
You will be working as part of a EMEA purchasing & admin team which will allow you to fully integrate into the everyday tasks of the department and giving you the opportunity to work on both days to day business needs and current projects. This role gives you the opportunity to make a real contribution to the work of the Information Technology department.
- The key elements of the Information Systems Procurement Coordinator role will be to work together with the UK SDG Technology team in the following:
- SAP / P card support for IT orders
- Providing support to the SDG UK Senior Manager, Information Technology for budgeting, purchasing and invoice processing.
- Placing and following up of IT orders for UK and EMEA as required.
- Liaising with the UK SDG manager for stock order planning.
- Support field analysts and technical coordinators for hardware requirements, hardware/software standards, booking shipments of IT equipment with couriers.
- Supporting IT project managers and finance on IT procedures, users feedback/risk analysis for IT projects.
- Maintaining vendor relationships (point of contact for queries from SDG IT vendors, providing support for vendor portals / pcard ordering and Disney vendor portals).
- Organising and attending meetings with suppliers for roadmaps, catalogues/IT standards for Disney).
- Liaising and supporting the sourcing and procurement team for IT vendor contracts.
- Coordinating different Disney IT teams, providing procedures and forwarding information (Telecom Team, AV team, EISS team, IDSM team, Disney IT US/EMEA).
- Providing IT quotes to other Disney business units and help manage their queries with IT vendors.
- Have a knowledge of SAP (for purchase orders, basic support, casual buying)
- Have a knowledge of ServiceNow (preferred)
- Interested in working in an IT environment
- Good general understanding of computer systems
- Aptitude to understand technical requests
- Have a good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Organised, thorough and rigorous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with others – team player
- The opportunity to build a career at one of the world's most respected companies,
- A supportive, international team environment and real opportunities for growth and development,
- Competitive remuneration and full Disney benefits package.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.