Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internship: ESPN Ad Sales - 2018/19Apply Now Job ID 508755BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted 11/21/2017
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid ESPN Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
If you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Interns to work in the exciting and fast-paced ESPN EMEA Commercial Team
Supporting both the UK and International Sales Teams this person will work within the internal sales support division (Client Solutions) to ensure the delivery of media partnerships to the highest standards. This individual will also have the opportunity to deliver up-selling and renewal ideas and proposals to the front line sales team with the support of the Client Solutions Manager.
ResponsibilitiesRole and responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in the monitoring and reporting of booked campaigns
- Work with the Client Solutions Department in the development of compelling sales collateral
- Deliver up-selling ideas and proposals to front line sales
- Client event and corporate entertainment planning
- Managing and processing invoices & expenses for sales department
- Creation of Key Clients & Key Competitor review documents
- A project will be set that will examine one of the key developments in the Advertising world. The individual will be expected to work on this report during their time in the position, with a view to presenting findings before their time comes to an end. The project will be set on arrival.
- In addition this person will have an input to support several key new initiatives. This could range from the development of our social & off platform strategy, the creation and design of new sales collateral, and improvement of internal management & database systems.
- The intention is to expose this person to several divisions within the Ad Sales Team and wider teams (such as marketing), which will give them a great understanding of how this function works, and to learn skills that will be of use in any career in media.
Basic QualificationsAbout you:
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- Deep knowledge and love of Sport
- Strongly developed analytical & numeric skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills / networking.
- Be professional and responsible working with internal staff, ESPN colleagues and external contacts.
- Be self-motivated, observant, confident and a team player.
- Manage your time effectively and prioritise work in a time efficient manner.
- Confident to work with minimal supervision
- Good use of initiative, desire to use their training effectively to develop within the role
- European Language skills an advantage but not a necessity
- Design skills an advantage but not a necessity
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- An understanding of the internet e.g. search engines, email marketing, newsletters
Company OverviewWhat we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with ESPN and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest movie releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
This is a great opportunity to become immersed in a fast growing, dynamic digital sales business. This person will be viewed as an important part of the sales team and will be expected to make important contributions to the team.
Additional InformationWhat next?
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should ESPN choose you for the 12 month placement?