Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internship: ESPN Editorial - 2018/19Apply Now Job ID 492413BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand ESPN Date posted 09/28/2017
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid ESPN Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
ResponsibilitiesIf you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Interns to work in the exciting and fast-paced digital world, helping to drive ESPN’s various Website and Mobile App entities (such as ESPN.co.uk, ESPNFC, ESPNCricinfo and ESPN.com).
Role and responsibilities:
As one of our Editiorial Interns, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day activities of our Editorial team.
You will use your wide understanding of the sports world to provide great support to our editorial teams on our sites:
- ESPN Cricinfo
- ESPN Scrum
- ESPN F1
- ESPN FC
You’ll be responsible for assisting our editorial teams on these sites. Duties will include writing and sourcing material, uploading content, photo management, research, site traffic reporting, maintenance of blogs and general admin tasks.
This role offers fantastic exposure to a wide range of duties and will be an excellent springboard for your future career as a Digital Editor.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Journalism or Digital Media.
- Excellent written English is essential
- A passion for sport
- Fluency in a second European language is advantageous
Company OverviewWhat we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with ESPN and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Additional InformationWhat next?
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should ESPN choose you for the 12 month placement?
Application deadline: Friday 15th December 2017.
Our Internship programme commences in Summer 2018
For hints and tips on your application, please click here