Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internship: ESPN Media Distribution - 2018/19Apply Now Job ID 508754BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted 11/21/2017
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid ESPN Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
If you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
ESPN Media Distribution is responsible for the sale ESPN’s catalogue of sport events and programmes to all territories throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa. The sales team is responsible for all aspects of the sales process and the Intern provides administrative and marketing support. This position is integral to the efficient operation of the Media Distribution sales team and requires a strong communicator with good numeracy and organizational skills and a high level of accuracy.
- Provide post-sales client servicing support to the sales team:
- Accurate logging and reporting of proposed and agreed contracts and tape orders in NCS system and regular maintenance of client profiles to ensure these are up to date.
- Coordinate the monthly bill run with the Finance team, with responsibility for ensuring contracts are invoiced as per the payment schedule
- Liaison with the Finance team on collections and aging to ensure the Sales Team track and collect outstanding revenue
- Data entry for invoicing and tape/file delivery into NCS
- Liaison with satellite delivery provider, maintain the content delivery grid and monthly delivery schedules
- Providing support as directed for marketing initiatives including market event materials, client premiums, clients tickets and invitations
- Supporting maintenance of the bespoke B2B website, including uploading regular info updates www.mediadistribution.espn.com
- Providing administration support to the Director
- A project will be set that will examine one of the key developments in the media rights world. The individual will be expected to work on this report during their time in the position, with a view to presenting findings before their time comes to an end. The project will be set on arrival.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- An interest in Sport
- Strongly developed analytical & numeric skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills / networking.
- Be professional and responsible working with internal staff, ESPN colleagues and external contacts.
- Self-motivated, observant, confident and a team player.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work.
- Good use of initiative, desire to use their training effectively to develop within the role
- Good administrative skills
- European Language skills an advantage but not a necessity
- Intermediate to Advanced skills Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- An understanding of the internet e.g. search engines, email marketing, newsletters
Company OverviewWhat we offer:
- A solid foundation in media rights sales and delivery and the opportunity to develop skills that will enable you to progress within a sales career and pursue future sales assistant/executive level roles.
- You will gain experience within a broadcaster that will provide you with the foundation skills needed to explore other roles in media within Marketing or Research or PR. This is a great opportunity to become immersed in a fast growing, dynamic Media Distribution business and to gain experience and insight into the protocol & culture at an international corporation.
- You will be an important and integral member of the team and as such empowered to make a meaningful contribution to the growth of our Media Distribution business.
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
Additional InformationWhat next?
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should ESPN choose you for the 12 month placement?