Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internships: Commercial & Strategy - Disney Media Distribution 2018/19Apply Now Job ID 502374BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 11/14/2017
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for 3 outstanding, commercially focused interns to work within Disney Media Distribution (DMD) across Strategy, Program Sales and Digital.
DMD is responsible for the distribution and commercial exploitation of The Walt Disney Company’s content (films, TV, channels and interactive). We work with linear and digital partners across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) to ensure the delivery of compelling entertainment to viewers across a variety of platforms. We represent brands that include Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm, Disney Channel and ABC Studios.
We are looking for candidates with a great team spirit, an interest in media in general and everything digital in particular, strong analytical and presentation skills.
Role and responsibilities:
As an intern in our DMD Commercial & Strategy teams, you will be fully integrated in to the day-to-day commercial activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Market Intelligence
- Conducting desk research using online search and databases to produce client intelligence and market trends insights for the team
- Tracking and reporting industry news and distributing on a daily basis
- Co-ordinating, maintaining and update a portfolio of trackers
- Business Analyses
- Conducting data analytics and basic modelling in Excel, including sales performance, market sizing and business opportunity assessment
- Sales and Promotions
- Assisting the collection, summarisation and evaluation of deals with media clients such as Netflix, Sky and other major broadcasters across EMEA
- Creation of internal and external presentations and pitch documents
- Assisting with the creation, implementation and analysis of film and TV promotions across different clients and territories
- Strategy Development
- Drawing insights from research and analysis and apply strategic frameworks to support the team to develop and implement strategies for digital media distribution or program sales across EMEA
- General Team Support
- Organising meetings both internally and externally as well as other admin tasks (e.g. answering phones, printing, post)
- Helping to organise and present various projects in front of the DMD Team
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Business Management, Mathematics, Statistics or Research
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Additional InformationPlease apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
Application deadline: Friday 15th December 2017.
For more information on applying, please click here