Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internships: ESPN Research 2019/20Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 604446BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 30, 2018
If you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Interns to work in the exciting and fast-paced digital world, helping to drive ESPN’s various Website and Mobile App entities (such as ESPN.co.uk, ESPN, Player, ESPNFC, ESPNCricinfo and ESPN.com).
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Intern to work in the exciting and fast-paced digital world, helping to drive ESPN’s various Website and Mobile App entities (such as ESPN.com, ESPNcricinfo and the ESPN app).
You will assist in identifying and analysing trends, behaviour and attitudes of consumers in the Sports Entertainment industry. You will utilise industry recognised digital measurement tools, such as Adobe Analytics, comScore Media Metrix and TGI, to analyse ESPN audiences and their behaviour on our platforms.
Other key responsibilities include conducting desk research to analyse our key competitors to provide further context to ESPN’s online performance and strategy and coordinating and assisting in the production of regular reports to be delivered throughout the company. As well as additionally supporting with ad hoc projects and analysis and general office admin.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the existing right to work in the UK
- Must have a keen interest in sports
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree with research units
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and excel
- A keen appetite for the internet, new technology, social media and sports and entertainment in general
- Great attention to detail and specifically the ability to write coherently and accurately under pressure
- Good at prioritising and natural ability to tackle various admin duties
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with ESPN and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should ESPN choose you for the 12 month placement?
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.