Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internships: IT Technical 2018/19Apply Now Job ID 492422BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 09/28/2017
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
ResponsibilitiesIT at The Walt Disney Company
Disney’s IT teams provide support to all lines of business across the EMEA region, working in partnership to deliver solutions to aid the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
Role and responsibilities:
We have a number of IT based technical Internships across the business. The duties are varied and depending on the specialism of the role can involve; working with business stakeholders and the Analysis team to define quality, easy to use, cost effective solutions meeting business requirements. You will also get the opportunity to build and support applications using .NET technologies as well as working with various lines of business within Disney to produce IT solutions and the chance to produce business analysis (BA), System Architecture and Design, Development, Customization and Testing.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Information Technology Management or Computer Science
- Experience of basic coding or testing is preferred
Company OverviewWhat we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Additional InformationWhat next?
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
Application deadline: Friday 15th December 2017.
Our Internship programme commences in Summer 2018.
For hints and tips on your application, please click here