Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Animator - ILM TV London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID oMtA9fwI Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 09, 2019
The Lead Animator is responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production. Determines the creative and aesthetic approach to animation. Decides the character performance direction and leads the animation crew to deliver the expected and desired performance.
- Works closely with the film’s director in determining the creative and aesthetic approach to the animation.
- Assists in crewing the best talent for the project.
- Responsible for insuring the quality of the character performance and acting continuity across the film.
- Using a variety of software packages, creates animation for cg characters within a series of shots of significant complexity; steps in as needed to assist animators and troubleshoots as needed.
- Mentors and trains lower level animation crew in performing tasks relative to the overall professional development of the animators.
- Proven track record for delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation working on feature films.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a supervisory capacity on several animation productions.
- Must have an advanced awareness of animation principles, including acting and action.
- Must have an extremely creative and critical eye for guiding the quality of the animation.
- Must be a skilled decision maker, problem solver and an exceptional communicator.
- Expert knowledge of various software applications. Technical expertise is a plus.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.