Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Compositor - ILM TV London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID oVtA9fwR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Industrial Light + Magic
LeadCompositor– ILM TV
ILM Feature Production
Position Summary / Job Purpose
(Intent of the job and key results of the work)
The compositorcombines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
(Key or essential priorities for fulfilling the job’s purpose)
% of Time
- Work withthe Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor toevaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Point person for either a sequence of shots, or defining a “look” being developed,
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color gradingon difficult shots.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Create generic looks for other artists to apply.
- Work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
- Independently provide solutions to technical and aesthetic problems, with minimal direction, and can handle the most difficult tasks under intense time pressure..
Job Requirements(Education, Experience and Skills/Competencies)
- Proven Track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television games.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Strong knowledge of Nuke.
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
- Strong communication skills.
- Can quickly learn new software and techniques.
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 5yrs of compositing experience in a feature film or commercial production environment.
- Strong sense of composition, color and design.
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
- Familiarity with usingLinuxsystems
- Previous experience in look development and sequence supervision ideal.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins a plus.
- Python and/or C++experience a plus.
Uses a computer keyboard at least 80% of total work time.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.