Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Designer, Adult style guides, Maternity CoverApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689828BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Aug. 05, 2019
- Create on-trend designs for core franchises, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar and live action event films from concept to execution delivering against specified timelines
- Translate Disney characters and storytelling into product ensuring brand integrity is upheld at retail
- Build and establish relationships with design, operations, character art, franchise, product development/licensing and content partner teams and utilise to ensure synergy and share best practise
- As required, clearly present visions, ideas and pitches in both formal and informal settings
- Provide design direction as needed for design initiatives; i.e. research creative solutions, awareness of market trends and colour, create trend direction boards
- Work with packaging team to ensure cohesive retail line looks
- Illustrate/create design icons and graphics for product development purposes
- Manage the designer on the team ensuring all work is complete to required standard and adheres to brand guidelines
Basic Qualifications:-Degree level education in a related field (graphic design, packaging design, illustration or product design) or equivalent experience
-Specific experience within storytelling and character based design, desirable
-Demonstrable experience in taking a design from concept to execution
-Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
-Strong working knowledge and efficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Keynote, essential
-Strong graphic design and illustration skills, beneficial
-Ability to create strong, cohesive storytelling trend/POV boards
-Ability to develop new and innovative concepts and translate them into a storyline through strong graphics and creative direction
-An ability to manage projects from beginning to end whilst simultaneously handling multiple projects in a fast paced environment
-Ability to generate and sell creative ideas to internal and external clients with an ability to produce keynote presentations and pitches
-Strong negotiator and creative problem solver
-Resourceful and self-sufficient
-Effective written and oral communication skills
-Able to work under tight deadlines and to collaborate as part of a team is essential
-Understand Disney characters and Disney storytelling and how it translates to product
Additional Information:Please note due to the Maternity Cover - contract will be until end of January so length of FTC opportunity will depend on start date.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.