Legal Assistant - Searchlight Pictures Legal AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 894237BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 25, 2021
This position will provide day-to-day administrative assistance to the Searchlight Pictures UK Legal Affairs team. Candidates should be prepared to cooperate, to multi-task and to cover additional duties as needed. Specific responsibilities include:
- Draft/redline, proofread, attach and prepare exhibits, manage and arrange for execution and distribution of agreements, including use of document management database and Docusign
- Project management, including timely updates to status reports and follow-up as needed
- Prepare and proof letters and memoranda
- Manage a fast-paced, wide-ranging legal affairs desk
- File documents for registration (including UCC filings, copyright registration etc.)
- Prepare and manage US tax forms and invoices
- Assist with preparation of summaries of contracts/rights and various assets
- Ability to trouble shoot computer software problems and interface with computer assistance helpdesk team
- Maintain electronic files and general office organization
- Maintain calendar, schedule meetings and make travel arrangements for UK team with wider team based in LA and New York
- Prepare and manage expense reports
- Book transportation/travel
- Other duties as required on a project by project basis
- Administrative support experience at a law firm or in-house legal department preferred
- Excellent contract drafting and redlining experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Docusign and Document Management Systems (NetDocs).
- Strong proofreading skills required
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and take accurate, fast notes
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks with accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Strong people skills, with a focus on collaboration and ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Able to work overtime on an "as-needed" basis
- Strong organizational skills
- A self-starter with ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.