Licensing Sales Coordinator, Multi-CategoryApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715570BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
As a Licensing sales Coordinator you will apply creativity and develop commerciality and expertise in relevant category product development and utilise knowledge of digital, social and bricks and mortar marketing alongside key trends and consumer insight to support with the implementation of strategies cross company and departmentally. You will also be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners.
- In conjunction with Licensing Sales Manager, implement the long-term strategy for specific department in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Using key trends as well as commercial and consumer insight, support the implementation of strategies cross company and departmentally whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Support the Licensing Sales Manager with the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (licensee) objectives and strategies, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance to drive growth
- Support and cultivate the relationship engagement and partnership with each EMEA account, new and existing
- Administration of contracts and support for certain accounts and appropriately inform all key stakeholders (global, EMEA and local)
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) ILS team as directed
- Support execution of new business development pitches and develop research projects with a focus on identifying scalable opportunities
- Coordinate and actively contribute in market meetings
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding
- Operate with integrity, champion change and be a good ambassador for CPC and the wider Walt Disney Company
- Operate as part of an effective team, demonstrating an awareness of others, offering support, sharing knowledge and best practises and contributing to the overall achievement of departmental commitments
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular career conversations with your line manager and utilising available resources such as D Learn, instructor led courses and on the job learning
- Proactively suggest ways to improve departmental performance and processes
- Build links with other TWDC functions to develop broader knowledge of the business
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Financial acumen – an ability to translate numbers into a working plan
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and make recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Planning and organisation skills
- Influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Forward thinking with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for TWDC
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
- International travel may be required
- To contribute to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Different to contracted hours and/or additional hours may be required to meet business needs
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.