London News Bureau ChiefApply NowApply Later Job ID 775035BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ABC News Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
The role requires leading teams in breaking news situations as well as driving day-to-day coverage and will oversee the safety of teams in conflict zones and on assignment in other hazardous situations. The Bureau Chief will be a strong advocate for global content and will work collaboratively with editorial partners across all platforms of ABC News.
- Guide ABC News’ London and international-based correspondents, reporters and producers during breaking news situations
- Work collaboratively with editorial leaders and colleagues in the US to deliver breaking news and investigative stories for all platforms
- In coordination with the Foreign Desk in NY, make decisions as to what stories to cover and how those stories are reported
- Manage correspondent and producer assignments and review and approve story budgets
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the team
- Champion an innovative, highly collaborative, diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication, respect for others, and excellence
- Execute ABC News policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and standards
- Oversee budget and administration of the international bureaus
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a news organization in progressively more responsible roles
- Proven record of exercising strong editorial judgment
- Ability to make quick decisions in breaking news situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience identifying new ways of producing and covering news and seeking out new strategies
- Strong relationship builder with experience working across a matrixed organization at all levels
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team, encouraging collaboration and sharing of ideas
- Experience working with on-air talent
- Understanding and experience of reporting to an American audience
- BA or equivalent work experience
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC News, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
ABC News, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.