Manager Partnerships (TV & Digital Sales)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 715150BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 02, 2020
Representing the full suite of Disney Digital products, the role focuses on driving digital revenues from our leading brands and their o&o channels/pages across YouTube, Facebook and Instagram; but also, across our managed Influencer/Creator channels on YouTube.
The successful candidate will ensure that sales teams are equipped with market expertise and leading-edge digital solutions to continue to drive optimal commercial revenues from all current and future Disney digital touchpoints.
This is a highly visible role within The Walt Disney Company, requiring high personal accountability and will involve internal stakeholder management and the need to influence senior executive thinking, both internally and externally.
- Accountable for digital revenue
- Define the opportunities for partners to invest in Disney’s digital commercial platforms
- Lead in digital media xLoB and x-market best practice sharing and industry updates
- Client sector analysis to determine potential new digital clients
- Identify digital media trends and understand new technologies and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative sales opportunities and solutions
- Work with Head of Ad Ops & Ad Etch around new vendor due diligence and onboarding
- Help sales teams upsell Disney Digital opportunities and touchpoints to promotional partners and licensees
- Develop and grow Disney’s reputation with brands and agencies by advocating cutting-edge digital products and opportunities that drive value to our clients and revenue to our business
- Develop and update multi-market digital media collateral and help produce client-specific pitch documents and proposals
- Help, support and coach key Disney Franchise and Consumer Products teams on the value and effectiveness of our digital media assets and help them effectively evangelise our platforms and media products to their clients
- Previous experience at Manager level
- Significant experience in digital media sales/partnerships
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of digital media landscape, covering the buying and planning of media on various digital platforms
- Knowledge of the programmatic market and what this means for Disney and the video market overall
- Independent self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Numerate and analytical with the ability to draw actionable recommendations from complex data
- Confident communicator, with excellent presentation skills for both small and large audiences
- A strong commercial mind-set – an understanding of the need to create measurable value from media partnerships
- Ability to calculate industry-wide measurements such as CPMs, CPVs, CPAs etc and ROIs for media campaigns
- Experience in educating new advertisers on the benefits of digital marketing strategies
- Experience in devising new digital products and opportunities
- A deep understanding of the online market in Europe and across the region (EMEA) with a particular focus on video
- Comfortable handling commercial discussions
- A basic level of understanding of advertising laws and regulations, particularly those relating to kids
- Ability to articulate the interplay between the various digital trends and market shifts clearly to generalist marketing audiences
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to provide comprehensive advertising solutions to prospective clients
- Understand and leverage the broader Walt Disney Company value proposition, particularly around insight and data, to drive advertiser spends
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.