Already applied?View Dashboard
Marine & Technical DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701339BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 18, 2019
This is a specialist technical operations role contributing to delivering unforgettable guest experiences and is part of the Management Team Responsible for Technical and Maintenance aspects of the Company’s Fleet.
The key responsibilities of the Marine and Technical Director are to oversee Technical and Electrical Operations and Planning of large maintenance projects, including dry-dockings.
- Oversees the technical and electrical operations on board the vessels.
- Develops and oversees software management for various on-board systems.
- Plan and execute long term maintenance programs, including dry docking and wet docking.
- Responsible for preparing and executing larger technical projects; (i.e. scrubbers, BWTS -Ballast water treatment systems).
- Responsible for budget associated with the projects.
- See that all required Class Society/USCG approvals are in place for planned work.
- Update all relevant drawings as needed to keep the database is up to date.
- Coordinates strategic planning of on-going maintenance, including Hull and Machinery surveys, with the Executive Director Technical Operations in the US.
- Liaise with route planner director, to optimize fuel consumption use of fuel types in ECA zones (Emissions Controlled Area).
- Supports the day-to-day technical and electrical operations for ships in the EU area.
- SMS responsibility for upholding the general safety management responsibilities in the Safety Management System within areas under their control.
- Implementation of the general safety management responsibilities specified in SMS.
- Sees that operating procedures pertaining to both shipboard and shore Technical operating practices are in place and functioning in compliance with the SMS.
- Provides shore-based assistance for Chief Engineers and his Officers to maintain safe ship operations.
- Coordinates development and approvals of amendments to SMS policy and procedures prior to sending them to the Executive Director Technical Operations for final approval and publishing.
- Assists and keeps the Executive Director Technical Operations informed of ongoing and planned matters relevant to issues and materials in the SMS.
-Relevant tertiary engineering or related degree or higher national diploma; Certificate of Competence; or equivalent.
- Cruise Sector experience would be beneficial.
- Professional qualifications in relevant marine technology.
- Professional training in marine Regulations.
Relationship Building - Candidates, Customers, Vendors – Established marine network.
Global Collaboration – Flexibility to work with ships in different locations and between US and UK Offices.
Additional Information:Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.