Marketing ExecutiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 788238BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 04, 2021
This role will support the UK Marketing Manager including providing brand expertise for high priority campaigns and sole management of Marketing activities as required, management of all financial payments, management of affiliate relationships alongside the broader team, management of relationships with key partners/agencies internally and externally to gain economies of scale and increase efficiencies as required.
Responsibilities:Strategic Marketing & UK Campaign Management
- Support the UK Marketing Manager on marketing strategies and ATL campaign implementation for high profile series & stunt priorities across the National Geographic and National Geographic WILD UK channels
- Support the campaign planning process and timelines, including internal and external briefings, managing campaign delivery and implementation, supporting in-campaign optimisation and post-campaign reporting and analysis
- Work in partnership with and provide support to internal teams such as Digital and Social, Programming, Media Planning, Research and Communications to develop strategies as required
- Build and maintain direct relationships with media agencies and media owners to create strong commercial relationships and deliver effective and efficient media buys
- Work with Marketing, Digital, Programming and Research teams to write creative briefs, meeting key production deadlines
- Point marketing contact with our key UK affiliate partners, building strong relationships and timely communications to bolster awareness and earned support of National Geographic and National Geographic WILD’s programming highlights
- Manage the development and delivery of all B2B comms including but not limited to bespoke newsletters, UK roadmaps, scheduling details and programme information, pitching new programme priorities and presenting at affiliate quarterly meetings
- Manage adhoc approvals of affiliate marketing materials
- Manage and oversee the UK & Regional Marketing Intern on asset fulfilment, preparing presentations and marketing materials
Analysis & Budget Management
- Provide full evaluations of campaigns and recommendations for future initiatives
- Support the UK Marketing Manager in financial planning and in-campaign budget management, ensuring all payments to external vendors are managed efficiently
- Work closely with the Research team on developing audience insights for key priorities
- Evaluate the competitive environment, applying insights to gain competitive advantage and updating the wider team on key findings
TWDC (The Walt Disney Company) Lines of Business
- Drive owned and earned media exposure by working across LoBs within National Geographic and the wider Disney business to identify effective and efficient ways of reaching audiences across multiple touchpoints
- Support the Ad Sales team to help them sell advertising and sponsorship by communicating all marketing plans as early as possible, bringing commercial opportunities with third parties to the table and prioritising requests from sales team to ensure quick turnaround of pitches or information
- Collaborate with the Nat Geo Synergy team to support the definition and alignment of strategic marketing plans and broader NG brand initiatives within UK market.
Agencies and External Creative Houses
- Management of relationships with agencies and in-house Creative/Digital and Social teams as required
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within UK consumer marketing
- Ability to plan, organise, manage and analyse campaigns independently
- Experience writing briefs, managing media and creative agencies and budgets
- Some strategic marketing capabilities including media planning/working on campaigns across the media mix
- Some understanding and knowledge of Digital and Social Platforms
- Must have excellent communication skills including ability to present to stakeholders
- Passion for TV and film
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.