Marketing Manager, Disney Licensing EMEA - 12mos FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 985592BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jun. 09, 2022
Plan and execute long term and fiscal year marketing strategies. Using key trends and consumer insights, in conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager, develop and drive succinct strategies within Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP), whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and support category team on new opportunities and key licensees.
Responsible for driving category marketing specific retail execution & initiatives (in-store POS, windows, digital, events, screenings, synergy opportunities) with key licensees, across all franchises. Will also support CPGP franchise strategy team to deliver franchise marketing plans and toolkits to local marketing teams on specific hardlines category initiatives.
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. You will be required to actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each licensee, new and existing, to ultimately support the category team to drive and deliver strategic growth in licensing sales on behalf of the EMEA business.
- In conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager, implement the long-term marketing strategy for the Hardlines category and associated licensees in conjunction with category and franchise strategy teams
- Manage day to day marketing relationship with key licensee marketing teams and provide category teams with support as and when needed across other growth licensees
- Leverage macro and micro trends along with audience, category and retailer insights to shape more effective marketing campaigns for CPGP, with maximum ROI
- Ensure all Signature Marketing campaigns in-scope are strategically aligned with the Hardlines category and licensee strategies (feeding in knowledge and expertise to the Brand Marketing team)
- Support Senior Marketing Manager and category team to pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner maximising the ‘white space’ opportunities
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with local country CPGP teams, providing information and regular marketing strategy and licensee updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences
- Work appropriately with the other managers within the regional marketing team to ensure Licensees are best championed across CPGP Marketing Campaigns
- Help effectively control allocated marketing budget secured through AOP
- Share best practice and campaign analysis across regional, local and global teams
- Ability to give both internal and agency creative teams clear direction and briefs, and manage feedback and approval process within relevant brand guidelines
- Ability to analyse data and consumer insights, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- Financial acumen – an ability to understand a P&L and quarterly forecasting process
- Ability to understand and work within the legal guidelines provided by the legal department
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target new accounts
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- A good eye for creative and digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent strategic approach to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Forward thinking with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for TWDC
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
- Flexibility for frequent UK, European or international travel may be required
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Flexible hours may be required to meet business needs
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.