Marketing Supervisor -Fixed Term ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 871500BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The Marketing Supervisor will support the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and execute long term and fiscal year marketing strategies for the hardlines, FMCG and home categories, to support the category team on maximising the commercial opportunities with key licensees.
Using key trends and consumer insights, they will support the Senior Marketing Manager to develop and drive succinct strategies and campaigns within CPGP, whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and support category team on new opportunities and key licensees.
They will also work closely with the franchise marketing team to ensure integration of hardlines, FMCG and home categories within the cross-category franchise campaigns and ensure that they can be maximised at retail.
The role will support in developing and leading category specific initiatives and campaigns to further drive category growth.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and execute the long term marketing strategy for the relevant category and/or licensees in conjunction with category and franchise teams,
- Provide category teams with support, as and when needed, across key licensees, other growth licensees, and new business opportunities – this includes building direct relationships with some key hardlines licensees, as directed,
- Make sure category teams are aware of the latest franchise marketing calendar and campaigns and make sure their respective categories are well represented,
- Help support the franchise marketing team on product nominations for each campaign, working closely with category teams,
- Ensure all marketing activity in-scope is strategically aligned with franchise, category and global strategies and operate within compliance and legal parameters,
- Leverage macro and micro trends along with audience, category, and retailer insights to shape more effective category specific marketing campaigns for CPGP, with maximum return on investment (ROI),
- Support category team with tools to pitch and secure licensee inclusion within key marketing campaigns, that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner,
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with local country CPGP teams, providing information and regular strategy and campaign updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences,
- Work with broader CPGP marketing teams to ensure point of differentiation for key licensees across their individual campaigns,
- Help the Senior Marketing Manager to control allocated marketing budget as secured through the AOP. Make sure that all marketing activity comes within budget and as directed,
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager to work with the integrated TWDC marketing community, licensees and retailers to ensure marketing budget and licensee promotional commitment is invested in the most effective manner possible,
- Provide internal teams and agency creative teams clear direction and briefs, and manage feedback and approval process within brand guidelines,
- Share best practice and campaign analysis across regional and local teams.
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation and/or retail, specifically in hardlines marketing,
- Operating within a similar environment with regional/EMEA experience,
- A strong understanding of digital/social marketing and experience working with influencers,
- Experience planning, executing and evaluating innovative marketing campaigns,
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience,
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, championing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals,
- Skilled in clearly communicating briefs to internal and external stakeholders and operating within brand guidelines,
- Adept in analysing data and consumer insights in order to construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets,
- Financial acumen - experience working with budgets and organising costs,
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners,
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape,
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote,
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial,
- A good eye for creative and digital, social and brick and mortar marketing,
- Excellent strategic approach to problem solving and innovation,
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills,
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.