Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560437BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney Channel Date posted Jun. 13, 2018
Job Summary:We require a Marketing Supervisor to join the Disney Channels team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Marketing Supervisor will be one of a team of Disney Channels brand experts, focused on implementing marketing strategies and ‘best in class’ campaigns for the Disney Channels across all platforms that drive channel awareness and affinity, with the aim to drive ratings/share and performance across our key monetised platforms.
This role has multi market responsibilities with the main objective of this role to support the wider marketing team including providing brand expertise for high priority campaigns and sole management of Marketing activities in certain markets as required, management of all financial payments; management of affiliate relationships alongside the broader team, management of relationships with key partners/agencies internally and externally to gain economies of scale and increase efficiencies as required.
About the position:
- The role supports the wider marketing team working on 6 CEE markets and Africa, MENA, Greece.
- Responsibilities includes as SAP super user POs raising, P-card reconciliation and monitoring of invoice payments in CEE countries.
- On top of administrative work, the role capacities include management of specific projects with affiliates and VOD marketing in MENA; managing solely marketing activities in Greece including strategy development and campaigns implementation with budget management.
- Managing creative and premium agencies to gain economies of scale and increase efficiencies.
- Understand the attitudes and behaviours of our key audiences, where to connect with them, and with what content
- Support the implementation of effective and efficient fully integrated marketing campaigns for the Disney Channels strategies and plans including but not limited to writing briefs, creating and implementing promotional strategies, managing marketing assets and briefing agencies
- Evaluate the competitive environment, applying insights to gain competitive advantage
- Provide full evaluations of all campaigns and recommendations for future initiatives
- Effective and efficient budget management including ensuring all payments to external vendors are managed appropriately
- Work in partnership and provide support to programming, media planning, research and PR to develop localised strategies as needed.
- Support the team by building strong relationships with key partners, ensuring effective management of cooperative activities, delivery of all communications (including assets) and planning of contractual spends
- Work in partnership with other lines of TWDC business teams to support franchise development and growth
- Drive owned and earned media exposure by working cross LoBs
- Support the ad sales team to help them sell advertising and sponsorship by communication of all marketing plans as early as possible, bringing commercial opportunities with third parties to the table and prioritising requests from the sales team to ensure quick turnaround of pitches or information
- Drive exposure for the channels and their respective properties via 3rd parties. Once franchises are established ultimately working with retailers to dive ratings and supporting LOB’s on franchise growth
- Management of relationships with agencies and creative house and premium vendors as required
Mentor Marketing interns including SAP training; premiums, assets and competition prizes sourcing, negotiation with suppliers, preparing presentations. Assisting in intern recruitment process including reviewing CVs, feeding back on assessment day and candidates.
- Proven experience within a Marketing function
- The ability to plan, organise, manage and analyse campaigns independently.
- Significant experience writing briefs, managing media and creative agencies and budgets.
- Experience working with a range of European markets would be helpful
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of SAP would help but not essential as we will provide training.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and spoken English).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills essential.
- High levels of attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent ability to manage own and others time
- Strong multi-tasker: managing multiple projects and campaigns at the same time
- Strong team player – positive and proactive
- Thinking ahead / initiative
- Creativity and business sense
- Passion for kids TV and film
- Able to work autonomously with some supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.