Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Media Engineering Internship Placement - 2021 to 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 771824BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
During an internship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
About The Internship
As a Media Engineering intern, you will be conducting technical, administrative and organisational tasks for the team supporting Disney’s extensive Media Networks and Direct To Consumer platforms internationally. Two internships are available, as a Broadcast Technology and Operations intern you will assist the media engineering team with support and development of our media asset management and content supply chain systems.
As a Post Production Support intern you will support our extensive Post Production facility comprised of broadcast online edit suites, graphics workstations and render farm, broadcast audio mixing suites and remote edit clients on laptops.
Responsibilities in both roles will include; updating documentation, logging support issues raised by our end users into our ticketing systems and working with third party support teams to troubleshoot and resolve technology problems.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2022
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for
- Studying a Media Engineering related course
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Strong MS Office skills
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
How To Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the internship?
The application deadline is 31st January 2021, however we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
For hints and tips on your application, please check out our UK Intern Guide.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.