Merchandise Seller - Disney TheatricalApply NowApply Later Job ID 919873BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 01, 2022
The Merchandise Seller engages Guests in magical experiences throughout the Theatre. Welcoming them into the environment, while providing communication on the merchandise available, emphasising their qualities; and highlighting all relevant offers available to supplement their purchase. They will provide an exceptional Service that will exceed the Guest's expectations by enhancing their visit, ensuring that it is unique and memorable and giving them the opportunity to take the magic home with them.
- Takes a proactive role in maintaining Disney brand standards.
- Achieve financial and productivity goals, as agreed with the management team, through appropriate actions and use of Guest Service behaviours.
- Work proactively and positively towards individual and team goals, including sales targets, promotion goals and group incentives.
- Sets priorities and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Welcomes every Guest with a smile and makes eye contact with them, following service guidelines.
- Perform quick, accurate and effective till transactions that enhance the Guest experience and observing all relevant guest service guidelines including offering add-ons and communicating offers.
- Respond to Guests needs in an open, friendly, positive, proactive and timely manner. Effectively manage queues and multiple guests at kiosks and sales locations.
- Maintain neat and organised operations both at kiosks and back of house so that product is clearly represented and available for replenishment, always ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain and participate in producing company visual standards to present an outstanding theatrical environment.
- Assist with stock deliveries and replenishment to agreed standards.
- Contributes to a culture that demonstrates a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in all actions.
- Demonstrates Core Values of “People, Experience, Revenue and Brand” in all work.
- Prioritises the culture of “Teamwork, Enjoyment, Efficiency and Results” at all times.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Retail/Service experience preferred but not essential.
- Passion for interacting with Guests of all ages.
- Motivates self to achieve goals.
- Works well in a team environment and to achieve shared goals.
- Able to handle tasks accurately under time pressure.
- Is organised in everything they do.
- Can communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
Additional Information:Additional Information:
We are recruiting for both Full-Time and Part Time Positions.
Full-Time positions are 35 - 40 hours per week. Part-Time positions are available between 10 - 25 hours per week, with the option to flex up to more when and if required. Shifts are between 5 - 6 hours and there will be double shifts when there are matinees and evening performances on the same day.
Most shifts will be scheduled between 1 – 6pm for matinees and 6 -11pm for evening performances, however there is the need for availability from 10am all days for some roles. All staff need to be available for evenings and weekends.
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from all dimensions and intersections of diversity.
If you are excited by this great opportunity, love putting a smile on people's faces, enjoy being part of a team, and feel confident in crowds of people then please apply including a cover letter explaining why and a full CV.
This position is for Disney Theatrical Productions (UK) Limited (DTP), a division of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Previous employment with TWDC is not carried over to this role. A new contract with different pay and benefits will be issued by DTP.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.