Merchandising Assistant - Fixed Term ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 771009BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
We are looking for a Merchandising Assistant to provide essential support to the Merchandiser and Assistant Merchandiser with the planning and delivering of the product range and to support the department’s administrative processes.
This role will be a fixed term contract.
- All merchandising administrative processes on the department including but not limited to:
- Weekly Sales and Stock Inventory (WSSI) refresh
- Mapping of new lines
- Updating flows
- Ensure accurate intake is reflected on all documentation and any movement can be accounted for. Own the Order Tracker and with the Buyers Assistant (BA) ensuring it is always up to date and accurate, alerting the Buyer and Merchandiser to any variances and keeping all key stakeholders up to date
- Proactively with the BA manage the department intake to ensure stock arrives at port of departure on time and progress through to intake receipt. Alerting the Buyer, Merchandiser, Distribution and Central Planning team to any variances
- Based on current trading performance, review intake priorities, drops and timing with AM and provide Central Planning with updates regarding intake movement
- Work with the Distribution team to ensure all products are available to allocate for each Market’s range and allocation dates
- Ensure allocation mix, range plans and staging packs are kept up-to-date and variances are highlighted to the Merchandising team
- Work with Visual Merchandising (VM) on in-season adjustments to stage sets and tables and communicate changes to the Distribution and Promotion teams. Ensure Visual Calendars are correct
- Visit stores and the European Distribution Centre (EDC) with Merchandiser and/or other department representatives to understand product, staging and any operational issues and feedback as required
- In partnership with the department BA carry out weekly online checks and highlight any missing or incorrect information. Monitor Bazaarvoice comments and share results with the team, flagging up any potential issues
- Have a clear understanding of how the allocation system works, providing support and assistance with distribution duties, as required
- Under the guidance of the team’s AM ensure all promotional activity is set up accurately on the system and goes live at the correct time in all Markets, including Online. Run analysis reports after the event and ensure timely and effective communication to all stakeholders
- Prepare and circulate department Monday Packs to all relevant people in Buying and Merchandising and Distribution, ensure reporting is accurate and consistent
- Run and present ad-hoc reports as required
- Recent experience working in retail in-store or as a MA, Allocator/Distributor within an omni-channel retailer or a Merchandising related qualification, essential
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams and building effective relationships
- Highly numerate with good Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time planning and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- An analytical and innovative approach to problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.