Motion Editor ILM LondonApply NowApply Later Job ID 10054056 Location London, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 22, 2023
ILM London is looking for an experienced Motion Editor to join our Virtual Production team based in our Lacon House studio and Motion Capture Stage in Chiswick. The main responsibility will be to edit body motion of realistic motion-captured based performances and deliver animations to a high quality standards.
What you’ll do
● Responsible for transferring motion from a Hierarchy to another (Retargeting)
● Adhering to the performance of the actors using non-destructive modification of
motion to work with the requirements of the sequence
● Adjusting interaction and contacts between characters/props/environment/terrain
● Blending body motions
● Improving the performance by adding fingers/toe/tail animation and body adjustments that includes enhancing posture, gesture and weight
What we’re looking for
● High level of attention to detail and good communication skills
● Solid understanding of retargeting techniques (transferring motion from one character to another)
● Solid understanding of the principles of Animation
● Ability to catch, analyze and identify technical issues
● Sharp eyes for motion, timing and posture
● Background in using Motionbuilder or/and Maya
● Background in using Linux and Vicon Shogun Post is a plus
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
ILM (UK) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.