Multi Platform Content Specialist - ESPNcricinfo.comApply Now Apply Later Job ID 596860BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 23, 2018
Job Summary:Are you a social media guru with a passion for sports?
We have a unique opportunity for a multi – platform content specialist to join our ESPNcricinfo.com team. ESPNcricinfo.com is the world’s leading cricket website. This is a permanent opportunity based in the EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
The successful candidate will be part of a specialised team responsible for creating content for emerging audiences for multiple platforms including ESPNcricinfo.com, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We are looking for someone with a sharp grasp of content trends on various digital platforms and the pulse of consumption patterns and consumer analytics, a sound knowledge of the sport, creative abilities and multi-media skills. This role reports into the multi-platform content lead in India with a dotted line to the social media manager of ESPN.co.uk.
Areas to get involved in…
- Create content for emerging audiences on multiple platforms
- Focus on growing the social media reach for ESPNcricinfo on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in the UK
- Work alongside the content team to develop new story-telling methods
- Work with external partners when required to extend the reach our websites and content
- Work closely with all the content teams – video, news-desk, stats-desk correspondents and other social media teams from across the regions
Do you have what it takes?
- Good language and communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to think visually
- Photo-editing skills
- Basic video editing skills
- The existing right to work in the UK is essential for all of our London based roles.
- Will need to be able to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as necessary to maintain a 24/7 website
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.