Already applied?View Dashboard
Administration ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701440BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
This role will oversee administration and support editorial needs for all International locations and coverage needs. Be the point of contact for all administration services, as directed by the Foreign Deputy Managing Editor, to all news room staff. This role will manage the Bureau Administration Coordinators on all day to day administration tasks.
- Work in partnership with the legal and contingent workforce teams on the hire and administration of contracts for freelance contractors and any temporary workers
- Liaise with Legal, Real Estate, and HR on international matters across all locations relating to the support and administration services for all news staff
- Work with Legal/HR for preparation of annual freelance retainer contracts and monitoring utilisation
- Prepare annual returns such as HMRC PSA Agreement, Physical Values (insurance) reports etc.
- Administer and maintain systems AMEX and liaise with in-house/Disney system administers on questions from the team relating to managing these systems
- Liaise with finance and tax regarding foreign troop movement
- Assist Editorial & Operations in securing resources for news coverage and special events
- Responsible for the management of cash advances & maintenance of cash safe
- Approve PO’s & invoices and P-Card for editorial and administrative costs
- Work with UK Management to identify process efficiencies and introduce & maintain best practices
- Identify stories that require Visas and work with team to obtain relevant documentation to ensure compliance for all travel arrangements
- Liaise with HR and IT for onboarding new employees and freelance staff, ensuring office set up and systems aligned for all bureau staff on joining
Oversee Bureau Admin Coordinators whose duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administration support for all foreign locations
- Administration support for Managing Editor
- Manage and reconcile P-Card for Office & Bureau related expenses
- A/P vendor maintenance (set-up)
- Invoice and payment processing / submission to DWSS
- Submitting foreign troops activity to Burbank quarterly for Insurance Reporting
Areas of Accountability:
- Accountable to the Bureau management team and responsible for management of cash advances and any budgets allocated by the finance team for administration control
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in a complex matrix environment
- Experience of working in a news bureau would be an advantage but not essential
- Good standard of general education and proven related work experience
- Strong numeracy skills or cash handling experience would also be advantageous
- Management experience
- Good systems knowledge especially SAP and Concur
- Stakeholder management experience including various levels and locations
Occasional travel may be required
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC News Intercontinental, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC News Intercontinental, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.