Non-Linear systems Engineer
Hammersmith, London, - - GBApply NowApply Later
Job ID 746398BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 03, 2020
Job Summary:Based out of our Chiswick Park office, we are looking for a Non-Linear Systems Engineer to join our Direct-to Consumer and International Media Services team.
Working as an integral contributor, you will assist the wider engineering team with solutions development (scripting, reporting & application development) and provide system administration of non-linear distribution systems, including the on-boarding of new clients. You will interface with the Disney infrastructure teams to ensure broadcast infrastructure hosted on IT servers are maintained and updated as required.
- System administration of Disney’s asset management, VOD and other Broadcast IT systems.
- Deployment and maintenance of non-linear distribution channels.
- You will assist in the implementation of technical change as required by the Disney LOB’s within an agreed change control process.
- You’ll act as a centre of excellence for all LOB’s, giving advice on technical issues relating to digital media and non-linear services/platforms.
- Build strong working relationships with the LOB and Disney services provider teams so that any issues are identified early and swiftly dealt with.
- Work with third party support teams to troubleshoot and resolve technology problems.
- Work with the commercial team to ascertain client requirements during the on-boarding stage.
- Develop new solutions and platforms to support business operations within a prescribed development framework.
- Develop/script solutions to support new non-linear services using the current platforms.
- Assist in the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and the installation of new equipment relating to projects and new business.
- Produce and update comprehensive and complete documentation for any technical changes or installations including wiring/cable schedules, workflow drawings and project documentation.
Basic Qualifications:Educated to Degree level in a related Computer Science, Broadcast Engineering or Systems field, followed by selective theory and practical training courses during employment. Alternatively, you are educated to A Level standard with a demonstrable track record of greater than 4 years in broadcast sector working with non-linear and OTT services.
- You will have previously worked in an engineering position within broadcast television and be conversant with a wide range of technical terms, concepts, equipment and procedures relating to the field.
- An excellent knowledge of IT systems, WEB/interactive TV technology and non-linear broadcast systems including transcoding environments is required. Familiarity with Telestream Vantage would be advantageous.
- Experience with Managing services in AWS including S3, EC2, Aurora & FSx is advantageous.
- Knowledge of file-based Video and Audio codecs, transcoding and MAM concepts.
- Experience of systems administration.
- You keep abreast of industry developments and are able to recommend solutions and enhancements as appropriate.
Additional Information:As there may be times when issues arise outside of normal working hours, a willingness to be flexible in hours worked is desirable.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.