Operations SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732339BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Dec. 13, 2019
The Supervisor must have relevant experience of content localisation, production, mastering and digital distribution; in addition s/he should have excellent project management skills, attention to detail and organisational ability.
The Supervisor will also be expected to provide support to the CMLO Manager, including coaching the team, approving orders, running internal team meetings, and working with senior stakeholders as required.
- As title expert, raise accurate and timely orders to commission the localisation (dubbing, subtitling, access services and metadata) of content in line within agreed deadlines and to agreed technical standards and costs (SLAs) while ensuring creative consistency.
- Manage this localisation across multiple titles and territories - including the raising of dubbing POs and the negotiation of dubbing delivery schedules.
- Update and maintain records to reflect current delivery status of materials in various databases.
- Liaise with internal colleagues and clients to create material schedules that are appropriate to the license start date or the broadcast schedule.
- Raise accurate and timely purchase orders to commission the creation of Localised Language masters (LMs) and localised Main Title spot-reels as required. Locate and deliver localized graphics and format check information to Vendors.
- Provide weekly mastering schedules to Vendors. Track the completion of projects using Cognos reporting tools.
- Action Rejections and recall notifications and update/replace materials as required.
- Management of workflow and tasks to be undertaken within agreed SLA timelines.
- Resolve metadata integrity issues across stakeholders.
- Track metrics for the on time delivery of local dubs and scripts, local language masters and localised metadata of those titles for which the Operations Supervisor is the title expert.
- Provide theoretical schedules and cost models to support incremental sales as required.
- Cost analysis to provide better insight into the P&L on selected deals/projects.
- Contribute to the team, and collaborate on specific projects and opportunities to improve workflows.
- Provide support to the Team Manager, including coaching the team, approving orders, running internal team meetings, and working with senior stakeholders as required.
Other General Activities
- Attend and contribute to: Team; Departmental; Cluster and communication meetings.
- Timely completion of bi-annual DAchieve with Line Manager.
- Attend training sessions or action development plans as identified during Performance Connection.
- Coordinate representation of Technical Services within broader Company meetings as required.
- Work effectively with departmental colleagues and cross-functionally with other members of DMD
- Work with TWDC Accounts Payable to resolve Vendor billing issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Maintain a strong awareness of technical developments in the digital media space.
- Adhere to defined Media Distribution business processes, taking opportunities to improve.
- Drive to continually develop knowledge of the product slate, media types and the territories, including customers & market dynamics.
- Provide training for Media Distribution colleagues as required.
- Ensure other Departments are familiar with our role, and how to access relevant information.
- Participate in systems testing and contribute suggestions for workflow and systems improvement.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues under the ‘Buddy’ scheme.
- Adhere to Core Values and Behaviours
- Background or experience in a production/operations role, preferably in a creative environment
- Excellent and demonstrable project management experience, including the handling of rejections and tracking vendor performance through metrics.
- Experience of File based and High Definition technology, New Media and electronic file delivery.
- Thorough experience in content localisation, production, mastering and digital distribution.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of SAP and Cognos reporting an advantage.
- Strong presentation skills.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.