Already applied?View Dashboard
PA to VP Creative & Product Development, Maternity CoverApply Now Apply Later Job ID 641326BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
An opportunity to join our Consumer Products Creative team - who work on the design and development of all categories of Disney licensed product from toys to fashion. This position is to cover maternity leave, and is expected to last around 12 months.
The PA will provide efficient administrative and secretarial support for all aspects of the Vice President’s work. Plan, organise and anticipate requirements well in advance in assisting the VP in their activities and the smooth running of the business. This role is also supporting three UK Creative Directors.
Time and Travel Management
- Organise and maintain diary for VP and UK Creative Directors, prioritising daily workload and booking all meetings to ensure VP’s time is managed efficiently
- Field all phone calls and emails and, where possible, answer queries or transfer call to another point of contact
- Book all travel and accommodation for VP and UK Creative Directors, ensuring all bookings are made within the travel and expense policy, with focus on booking early to secure the best possible deal
Meetings and Events
- Organise and coordinate all aspects of team meetings as requested (booking venue, catering, evening entertainment, transportation, etc.)
- Organise meetings (book meeting rooms, catering, etc.) and ensure the VP is well-prepared for these (preparing presentations and other documentation, etc.)
- Organisation of conference calls
- Submit expense reports on behalf of VP and UK Creative Directors as proxy
- Raise purchase orders as and when required
- Action any general filing, faxing, photocopying as required
- Deal with post and courier requirements
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Support on general ad hoc projects
- Experience working at a Senior Personal Assistant level within a corporate environment
- PC literate with particular focus on Microsoft packages
- Experience using SAP, advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with an ability to collaborate effectively at all levels
- Cultural sensitivity
- A strong internal customer service ethic
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of tasks from start to finish
- Able to resolve situations before becoming bigger problems
- An ability to recognise and safeguard confidential information in order to deal with it with discretion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Ability to react quickly and take initiative to anticipate needs of business
- Excellent organisational skills, with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
The existing legal right to work in the UK is required for this position.
This is a maternity cover and will be offered on a fixed term contract basis.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.