Already applied?View Dashboard
Paint & Roto Artist London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID oiaX8fwh Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Paint & Rotoscope artist has two principal responsibilities: the creation of accurate mattes to extract specific elements from shot plates; and the removal of unwanted elements (such as wires, rigs or tracking markers) from shot plates.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences with both procedural and hand painting methods.
- Creates digital articulate mattes and performs plate clean-up.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences.
- Creates digital articulate mattes with computer-aided drawing tools to detail and precision while performing repetitive tasks.
- Performs plate clean up; removes unwanted artifacts and composites said artifacts with a clean plate created by the artist using tracking software and scripting. Frame by frame handwork when necessary.
- Paints final comps before film-out to resolve last minute problems.
- Performs background repair and wire removal.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of rotoscoping and how to make shapes animate.
- Develops 2D animation skills.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of digital articulate mattes.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Proven production experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
- Experience with 2D image processing, Harry, Henry, Matador, or Macintosh software or other similar systems.
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.