Paralegal, Searchlight PicturesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 745412BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 18, 2020
- Assists with preparation of above-the-line legal documents (i.e. acting, directing, writing and producing agreements) on Searchlight films.
- Perform legal research in order to assist with the above (for example the Writers Guild of America Minimum Basic Agreement).
- Assist with business affairs negotiations, preparing deal memos and writing offer letters for talent.
- Redline contracts, draft routine letters and other correspondence, and review and edit prepared documents for accuracy.
- Assist in distribution of agreements/documentation to executives on a regular basis.
- Manages expense reports, travel arrangements, invoices, US tax forms and arranges mail, messenger and UPS/ FedEx packages.
- Delivers agreements for execution by parties and assists in monitoring dates of legal significance (e.g., options and expirations).
- Updates contract binders, photocopying documents and distribution to various executives.
- Legal Practice Course qualification (with a minimum of a commendation achieved).
- Prior legal employment in a commercial law firm/ in-house preferred, work experience would also be recognized.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must, along with superior grammar, editing and proofing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines.
- Service-mindedness, with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is essential.
- Must have excellent proficiency in typing.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.