Physical Antipiracy AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736900BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
You’d be based in Hammersmith and would be providing administrative support to the EMEA Physical Antipiracy team, which consists of a lawyer and paralegals and is responsible for regional Physical Antipiracy matters, including consumer goods and live events. The team is part of the global Physical Antipiracy team based in Burbank, USA.
You would be an integral part and a face of the global Physical Antipiracy team to both internal clients and external parties such as law firms and suppliers.
Every day as an Antipiracy Assistant is different! You would need to prioritise your daily workload in conjunction with urgent requirements.
- Database and file management
- Opening of new matters in the team’s database (Salesforce)
- Regular and meticulous updating of the team’s electronic files and database
- Preparing reports from the database as required
- Welcoming and assisting team visitors to the office
- Calendar management for the team, including organising meetings, conference calls and video calls, booking meeting rooms, and preparing meeting agendas.
- Billing, expenses and POs – SAP
- Preparing, submitting and tracking expense reports via the SAP Concur system in a timely manner
- Raising Purchase Orders through SAP
- Liaising with external law firms to ensure they receive billing information in a timely manner.
- Managing all travel requirements including travel itineraries and bookings – both European and International
- Handling telephone calls and enquiries as required
- Ensuring communication lines are managed effectively between the Physical Antipiracy team members across the globe, as well as various internal clients, legal team members, outside legal counsel and other related parties
- Assistance with matters
- Ad hoc administrative support on specific Physical Antipiracy matters, such as taking screenshots, sending/receiving large files, copying, scanning and preparing physical files when required
- Other Tasks
- Dealing with ad hoc queries from the team, such as IT and equipment requests, and working with internal contacts to resolve them
- Purchasing office supplies for the team
- Formatting and word processing of legal documents and Powerpoint presentations
- Keeping subscriptions and various memberships kept up to date
- Utilising the Legal Tracker (Serengeti) system for various legal admin functions, invoice tracking
- Writing letters (using templates) and use DHL/Royal Mail to post and track signature process
Basic Qualifications:Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience within an admin support role
- Experience working in a law firm/ in-house legal department preferred
- Strong IT skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A-Levels or equivalent preferred
- Good knowledge of Salesforce, SAP Concur, and Legal Tracker (Serengeti) (advantageous)
- Experience in a large multi-national, multi-cultural organisation (advantageous)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.