Physical Production CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 829520BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Sep. 08, 2021
Physical production interfaces with many departments in the studio, including but not limited to, Post, VFX, Creative, Music, Labor Relations, Legal, Casting, Clearances, Compliance, Content Security, Finance and Estimating, IT, Risk Management and Insurance, Product Placement, Marketing and Publicity.
- Coordinate meetings and calls, travel, expense reports, and keep production grids and files up-to-date for the Production Executive.
- Act as Production Coordinator on features in early prep, book travel for filmmakers, schedule meetings with potential HODs, research locations and stage availability.
- Manage the processing of start paperwork (deal memos, timecards, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash and other related forms), before the production accountant is hired.
- Oversee projects on Scenechronize, ensure production documents are secure, accurate, and distributed accordingly.
- Provide studio contacts and policies, procedure manuals, and start memos for films supervised by Executive.
- Facilitate communication between production and the various studio departments, and work directly with production to secure day-to-day updates during set-up and production.
- Provide wrap guidelines at the end of principal photography and supervise delivery of production files.
- Liaise with production and the studio on assets (wardrobe, props, etc) during wrap and through distribution of the films.
- Update internal lists & contacts, oversee special projects and duties as required by the department.
- Occasional script analysis required (breakdown sets, cast & location).
- Solid familiarity with Film Production.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Scenechronize knowledge a plus. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Computer skills, Mac knowledgeable, familiarity with Production scheduling and Budgeting programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation.
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand.
- Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management.
- Ability to work with highly confidential material.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Searchlight Pictures.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.