Pipeline Technical Director London, United Kingdom
London, England, United KingdomApply NowApply Later
Job ID oQf5ffw9 Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 01, 2021
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience in the visual effects or computer animation industries
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
- An effective listener: able to engage with and understand artists to discover what their requirements are.
- An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn’t clear.
- Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong knowledge of python programming and the Linux environment
- Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
- Experience developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini or Katana
- Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Experience developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain
- VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
- Experience developing on Windows
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.