PR Manager -Maternity CoverApply NowApply Later Job ID 873905BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Overall Purpose of the role:
Drive publicity around Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) licensing, its e.com business and retail initiatives with media & influencers, managing implementation of campaigns and press office activity.
Lead the day-to-day development and delivery of creative communications campaigns (with end-to-end ownership for identified initiatives) for CPGP’s priority franchises in the UK & EMEA. Elevate the earned media appeal of retail campaigns and programs to drive relevance for TWDC’s brands and franchises.
Work in partnership with the Senior Campaign Development and PR Manager to create innovative programs that drive franchise goals, and are capable of cutting through the media clutter by leveraging technology, digital trends, aspirational partners and pop culture trends.
Partner with the broader marketing & franchise organisation to ensure PR driven campaigns are fully leveraged across all channels in the UK & EMEA. Build relationships across the business to help maximise campaign success and synergy opportunities.
Lead by example, and drive media & influencer relations in the UK, and partner with local markets to execute local media outreach across the region.
Responsibilities:Media and Influencer Relations
- Maintain excellent contacts with the media and influencer space, and constantly seek out new opportunities to grow network
- Deliver publicity across a range of media from nationals to kids press to help drive retail sales
- Help oversee agency resources, ensuring they are briefed in a timely manner and campaigns deliver against business goals
- Help define media and influencer strategy around specific campaigns and initiatives to deliver the best possible results
- Create compelling media materials to help drive coverage across a range of publications and drive best practice in the team
- Ensure seasonal campaigns feed into the media agenda effectively and are integrated with overall marketing strategy
- Oversee the execution of campaigns to support CPGP licensing, publishing, games, stores and key franchises
- Present campaign plans to key stakeholders to ensure all activity is maximised across the business e.g. windowing PR assets with marketing
- Pre-empt potential problem areas and flag concerns to line managers and offer appropriate solutions in order to minimise risks
- Supervise the creation of assets and help to localise global assets
- Write and ensure the appropriate distribution of press releases, review and approve the work of more junior colleagues
- Maintain and manage effective campaign budgets
- Coordinate day to day activities of a number of third party agencies including PR, online and social media and challenge them to deliver the best results
- Provide strategic PR counsel to internal clients, commercial, franchise and marketing teams, as well as senior leadership
- Maintain excellent media relationships (both consumer and corporate) and liaise with senior journalists to deliver on message coverage and manage the media agenda as appropriate
- Keep up to date on PR industry and media landscape and be able to identify strategic PR and event opportunities
- Monitor brand landscape for potential issues and work closely with issues management team to develop crisis communication plans, draft statements etc.
- Share best practices across the TWDC PR community in EMEA and globally
- Lead meetings with marketing and franchise teams, as well as lead or participate in meetings, presentations and brainstorming sessions to cultivate creative ideas and PR opportunities
- Support CPGP social media channels from a PR perspective, working closely with digital communications to ensure consistent messaging and engaging content is delivered
- Develop comprehensive reports to communicate results for key PR campaigns and initiatives to executive team and key stakeholders
- Build relationships with category, franchise and retail teams, and proactively share plans and results to maximise impact
- Develop relationships with and ensure the appropriate flow of information between relevant stakeholders in the business, including marketing, sales and retail
- Continue to build relationships with marketing franchise teams across the company to drive press coverage that grows the franchises and proactively seek out opportunities
- Maintain external awareness of the market by managing a broad range of external press contacts and by monitoring media for competitor activity and potential opportunities for the Disney organisation
- Represent the organisation with external industry bodies as required
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience within relevant industry
- Proven track record of developing creative campaigns across different media and an ability to generate ideas and PR opportunities
- Experience planning, executing and evaluating innovative marketing campaigns
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve joint goals
- A strong network of PR contacts and global contacts
- Deep media knowledge across a range of markets and an ability to apply this expertise to the production of media plans
- Proven track record of team management including coaching, mentoring and motivating
- Ability to create and execute high impact PR campaigns from conception to delivery
- Ability to manage relationships with external agencies, draft agency briefs and select preferred partners
- Good commercial awareness and budget management skills
- Ability to understand and work within the legal guidelines provided by the legal department
- Good understanding of the Disney brand, its reception and profile in different markets
- Unrivalled media relations skills with a hands-on approach to media outreach
- Social media savvy with strong creative sensibility and ability to conceptualise campaign ideas autonomously
- Skilled at crafting media pitches
- Persuasive with strong presentation skills and ability to pitch an idea and build consensus around campaigns
- Strong managerial and mentoring skills
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- Excellent strategic approach to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.