Already applied?View Dashboard
Presentation SchedulerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560443BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney Channel Date posted Jun. 12, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the position of Presentation Scheduler on a 6 month contract based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will create Disney XD network schedules, ensuring that they are completed to agreed deadlines, standards and brand values across the Disney XD pan-EMEA feed.
This role involves the accurate production and delivery of monthly multi-territory schedules and opt-outs. They will work with the Senior Media Planning and Presentation Manager and Supervisor to develop, implement and communicate promotional, owned, ad strategies and plans for the linear feed including local opt-outs.
Responsibilities:To produce detailed and accurate competitive presentation schedules for Disney XD on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
- Prepare schedules, making sure all promotions reflect media plan and secondary events, opt-out cues and any other transmission instructions are correctly added
- Ensure schedules are 100% accurate before sending to transmission
- Maintain a creative level of presentation elements across all feeds in line with branding
- Feed into campaign briefing process, representing presentation strategies and needs
- Using research, audience profiles and creativity to place promos and maximise audience awareness
- Scheduling of cross promotions and their placements within the schedules where possible, including opt-outs
- Review continuity elements to make sure all throws and information are relevant to schedule and promotional priorities clearly communicated
- Track delivery of promotional inventory to ensure all is delivered on time for transmission
- Monitor competitive channels’ promos to keep abreast of the market place
- Monitor the Disney XD output on a daily basis
- Check all promos are correct for air with the relevant systems updated and approved
- Liaise with transmission on any changes or errors that may occur and adjust schedules accordingly
- To be fully across all emergency procedures for Disney XD EMEA and be ready to implement
- Send schedules for transmission and other relevant departments on time
- Work collaboratively with programming teams to maximise best practises and knowledge, and provide cover across network schedules as and when required
- To be on call outside of office hours
- Other projects as assigned
- Substantial, proven experience within Presentation at Scheduler level, ideally across multiple territories
- TV/Broadcast industry experience
- Knowledge of IBMS scheduling system and other broadcast systems software an advantage
- Computer literate including MS Office suite
- Understanding of transmission process
- European languages a bonus
- Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System e.g. IBMS, What’s On, as well as channel reporting systems an advantage
- Experience evaluating and interpreting research data an advantage
- Passion for kids TV, programming, brand positioning and viewing essential
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.