Principal Counsel, ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 772143BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 21, 2021
The Global Ethics and Compliance Management team is responsible for developing and promulgating the standards pursuant to which The Walt Disney Company and, its affiliated entities do business, developing and implementing anti-corruption policies and procedures, trade compliance and training Company employees regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, and anti-corruption.
The Principal Counsel will support the Chief Counsel in administering the Company’s compliance program, provide training, provide legal advice and counsel regarding global anti-corruption and trade control laws, assist in performing anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessments, and help oversee anti-corruption and trade compliance diligence and monitoring regimes. The Principal Counsel will report to an Assistant General Counsel.
Advise and Counsel
- Lead advisor for assigned region on all compliance matters.
- Provide compliance counsel regarding gifts, hospitality, and business courtesies.
- Provide counsel regarding enhancements to the Company’s compliance efforts.
- Design and implement compliance risk mitigation strategies.
- Conduct an annual compliance risk assessment and ongoing monitoring designed to identify potential areas of new or changing risk and gaps in the compliance program. Prepare and effectively implement plans to address any identified deficiencies.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments, assessing the potential impact for global stakeholders, supporting and advising on implementation strategies to comply with legal and regulatory changes.
- Ensure an adequate response to identified issues and allegations of improper conduct in the business, including by assisting on internal investigations as appropriate and in collaboration with other key stakeholders including, among others, Audit, Legal, HR, and Security.
Research and Due Diligence
- Performing due diligence regarding third parties, potential joint-ventures, and acquisitions.
- Managing compliance workflows, specifically, assessing levels of risk, implementing controls, and tracking due diligence, training, contracts and approvals of third parties.
- Managing various legal research platforms and other systems to conduct due diligence.
Training and Awareness
- Providing training to Company employees, and others, regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, anti-corruption, trade, and anti-harassment.
- Deliver tailored and targeted training designed to educate executive management and others as needed regarding the potential risks associated regional businesses and effective risk management and mitigation
- Lead a team of regional compliance professionals.
- Provide regular reporting to the department leaders and other stakeholders.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Undertake special projects and other compliance related initiatives as needed.
- Effectively manage a team of regional compliance professionals.
- Qualified, with significant experience in practice, government agency or in-house with significant experience with anti-corruption compliance.
- Significant exposure to anti-corruption, trade laws and regulations.
- Experience in providing training in a group setting is an asset.
- Excellent presentation and communications experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Public Policy; Human Resources; Government Relations; and, Internal Audit to coordinate compliance program and initiatives.
- Admission to the Bar or qualified to be admitted as Registered In-House Counsel
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.