Product Development Associate (Accessories) -FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 777906BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products, Disney Licensing Date posted Mar. 18, 2021
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner, ensuring all product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval (OPA) system as per global product integrity guidelines
- Provide creative direction, inspiration and feedback to licensees on both 2D application and 3D product submissions in order to drive product quality
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems, ensuring that they have the appropriate creative assets for product development
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with licensees and other internal and external stakeholders
- Create product pitches and new product design visuals under supervision of Senior Product Development Manager/ Product Development Manager
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage on consumer products
- Support the needs of the wider team at regional, local and global level as required including involvement in design projects, as directed
- Ensure products comply with corporate policies and legislation
- Accessories – Vision, Bags, Backpacks industry experience essential
- Clear understanding of accessories manufacturing and development timelines
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience within Accessories/Fashion
- Proven commercial product development experience in relevant categories or product design role at a licensee, retail head office or supplier
- Some packaging experience, desirable
- Organisation, time management, ability to multi-task on projects simultaneously are essential for this role.
- Knowledge of trends within Accessories and the broader world of design with working knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production
- An ability to communicate a clear design brief and basic design ideas using Illustrator and Photoshop.
- An ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets as directed
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively present design ideas to internal/external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to influence and achieve buy-in at all levels
- Computer literate including Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, MS Office
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.